Monday, July 16, 2007

LA LA Land


The corporation has required me to be in Los Angeles this week, conducting a press check for our Social Responsibility Report. I'll elaborate on this process later, but I wanted to record a few of my thoughts about LA so far.

I arrived yesterday evening and got the chance to spend time with a good friend of mine who used to live in SF. We did a tour through downtown LA (to pick up another friend's new car) and experienced the glamour of West Hollywood nightlife.

Past experience has left me with certain impressions of this city, and these last few hours have reinforced them.

* This city is ALL about entertainment - everywhere are billboards for movies, TV shows, celebrities. LA revolves around me as its customer.
* People here are strikingly beautiful, in a very conventional way. I've completely stopped eating carbs and am looking forward to working out.
* In LA you need a car. And a nice one.
* I prefer hot summer weather to cold, foggy SF nights.

No comments: