Thursday, July 12, 2007

McSteamy stories


My gym, despite being of the upper-crust variety, certainly has its share of whack-jobs. I've seen my fair share of looney behavior, but today I witnessed something a little ... different.

Imgaine my surprise, upon stepping into the steamroom, to see a gym patron performing ... jumping jacks! Yes, in the steamroom! Where it is steamy and hot!

There are many reasons why you'll never see me indulging in this type of behavior, including the following:

1. I don't want to make other steamroom users uncomfortable with the ... flopping.
2. It's a billion degrees in there already, the extra exertion would definitely push me over the edge.
3. I would probably slip on the slick floor and bash my head open on the tile steps.
4. It's about the size of two airplane bathrooms, not exactly enough space for calisthenics.
5. I don't do jumping jacks.

5 comments:

Meg said...

maybe you should show this guy the fat shaker instead

Gleemonex said...

What, does he gotta weigh in for the wrestling match in an hour, or something? I *heart* stuff that's both dangerous and inconsiderate ( ... what with the flopping, heh).

room8J said...

Umm I love the Whoopi! Was he also clicking through his ipod while trying to flirt AND do jumping jacks?

andrew said...

Make sure to laugh when he slips and breaks something.

polislag said...

Not quite the gym sauna story I was expecting, but entertaining nonetheless.