Monday, July 23, 2007

Please don't stop the music

Our adventures in the South are drawing to a close, and while I've had fun in Sandy Eggo, I think I'm ready to return home and - dare I say it - to the jobby.

After last week's 'round-the-clock madness, I'm eager to see the results of our hard work when I return to the office tomorrow. And I suspect I have a butt-load of work waiting for me when I get back.

Kitten and I are leisurely lounging in our hotel, getting ready to depart and have a final meal with Lil' Sis Panda!!!! when she gets done with work. Yesterday, she took us on an eating extravaganza, starting at a restaurant where the unbelievably ginormous portions were served in porcelain troughs. We followed this brunch excess up with a decadent dessert from a very fine bakery. And that's about all Panda!!!! ate yesterday.

Another highlight of our last 24 hours in Sandy Eggo was a trip to the Zoo, where I got to visit some of my brethren (pictured). According to the whispering lady who narrated our visit to the Panda House, loud noises may induce panda miscarriages, so I kept shushing all the screaming kids around me.

And after visiting the Zoo wildlife, Kitten and I dance, dance, danced all night - with other sorts of wildlife. And most importantly, the DJ played a very hot remix of "Please Don't Stop the Remix" by girl of the moment, Rihanna. It was one of those remixes where you think the song is over, but then it resumes and all the revelers cheer and jump and dance and pump their fists and look like fools.

'Twas fun, but I think Panda!!!!'s chiropractor is going to be upset when Panda!!!! returns to SF less bendable than when he left.

No comments: