Thursday, July 19, 2007

You take my self, you take my self-control...


For me, the hardest part of this whole press check process is the utter loss of control over my life. My sleeping pattern is regulated by the whims of a monster printing press. My "free time" is dedicated to doing work I'd otherwise be doing in the office. My workouts consist of pacing back and forth, while scrutinizing sample forms that roll off the machine.

Worst of all, I have very little control over what I eat. Don't get me wrong - we've been eating very well. Our printer, understanding what a grueling and stressful process this is, tries to make it as comfortable as possible. The printing plant is stocked full of comfort snacks including candy bars, microwaveable mac & cheese, chips and a fruit or two. The printer also likes to take us to the nicest restaurants possible. Sometimes, this means the Thai restaurant in the nearby strip mall because we will be called back at any second. Other times, it means finding a steak house where we can gorge ourselves on medium-rare cow.

I am by no means a picky eater. And therein lies the problem. Tonight, we dined at the Palm, where we enjoyed a very heavy meal consisting of something saladesque, several cuts of beef, fried onion strings, kettle chips, crab cakes, creamed spinach and chocolate cake.

Internets, tonight I learned that I sort of love creamed spinach. And this, coupled with the fact that I have not exercised since Saturday, does not bode well for my upcoming weekend in a swimsuit. Panda!!!! is a fatty-boom-blatty.

3 comments:

nickse said...

I love The Palm! We used to go there for lunch when I was at USC. I loved the pickled green tomatoes that they'd put out on the tables for lunch. Better yet, there would always be hot guys who were interning at Fox Sports which is located in the same building. Did you see my face on the wall...?

Panda!!!! said...

We didn't get pickled green tomatoes. Maybe it's only a lunch thing?

I didn't see your face on the wall, so I drew it up there!

Lena said...

Creamed spinach can't make you oozy, it's a green!