Friday, December 14, 2007

Jessica, he's cheating on you! Take it from someone who used to cheat on her boyfriend


Last night, Roommate J alerted me to the fact that the noggin was broadcasting a marathon of season one of Laguna Beach. An avid fan of The Hills, Roommate J had never seen Laguna Beach so he was understandably sucked into LC’s high school world.

I watched a few episodes and it reminded me how much I miss Kristin Cavallari. I’ve always been on “team LC” – especially now that the alternative is Heidi – but I really did love Kristin. While LC was the underdog you rooted for, Kristin was the alpha-dog, the queen bee of all the gals and the vixen that all the boys wanted to be with.

What I loved about Kristin was that she was unabashed in her bitchiness. She stayed in control and played all the boys. She may have pined after one or two, but she always regained the upper hand. Moreover, she was loyal to her friends and could always be counted on to support them in a crisis.

I’ve always found it easier to sympathize with LC, but for whatever reason, I’ve always wanted to be more like Kristin. In many ways, I wish Kristin and LC were friends and Kristin could stomp on Heidi and Spencer. That would make for great television.

Partway through the marathon, Roommate J texted, “I don’t get why anyone ever liked Kristin.” To that, I answer: wait until the season 2 marathon airs!

1 comment:

room8J said...

OMGossssssp I had no idea that such a vast, bitchy and entertaining universe existed until last night. Did LC go through like a 2nd puberty before The Hills? Her voice sounds so different!