Tuesday, July 14, 2009

School's out for summer

I just received an e-mail from an administrator from my undergraduate alma mater, and she wished me a "wonderful summer." And I guess for a lot of people, summer is a different kind of season, one where you have to figure out what to do with your kids, where work slows down or where there are newfound outdoor activities.

But since I chose to join the land of corporate America, summer is really just the same as all the other seasons, especially in San Francisco where summer can mean cold, foggy days. So, it always strikes me as funny that people wish me a great summer when I'm still doing what I do everyday: sitting at my cube, tap-tapping on the keyboard, trying to convince myself to get to the gym.

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Fuck. I miss summer, man.

room8J said...

It took me a very long time after school to understand that there was no longer anything special about Summer. Boooo.