Friday, July 24, 2009

Singing in the dead of night

Last night, Puppy and I went to the grand opening soiree of a new bar, Blackbird. It's a welcome addition to the Castro neighborhood - stylish without being gaudy-gay (no mirror ball, subtle details, classy!), yet chillaxed enough to just hang in an unpretentious way.

I feel like I hadn't been out in a long time, so it was nice to bet out and about, catch up with GarGar, Lezzies N&P, Kitten and other folks in the scene. We left relatively early, so we missed seeing Roommates A&J, Mattress and Beetle, but Puppy insisted on getting some pizza at the night's close, and when we did, we ran into PorkChop and Elizabeth Taylor, whom I've missed hanging out with.

Somehow, I need to rejuvenate and train my body to accept alcohol on weeknights like it used to when I was a young'un.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

I fuckin LOVE that this is the conclusion you draw ... you are a warrior, my friend.