Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Urinate conversate

It is my understanding that some women's restrooms have adjacent "lounges" where ladies presumably sit around and chat with each other. I've never encountered a men's restroom with a similar setup, and that's just fine by me. I don't really want to engage in conversations in the restroom, and I certainly don't need to chat with my urinal neighbor.

Today, during one of my conference breaks, several of us made a break for the restroom. As I stood at my urinal, keeping completely to myself, one of the other conference-goers sidled up next to me, turned to me and said, "I hope I don't pee all over my shoes!"

Not sure how to react, I just continued staring forward and finished my business. At least it wasn't like that one gentlemen whom Roommate J encountered in an airport restroom who exclaimed, "It's a python! It's a python!" as he did his business.

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Um. What?

Srsly. WHAT?

Some people need to have a TB with their inner editor, know what I'm sayin?

room8j said...

Yes. I kind of wish that I would have encountered that "gentleman" at a work conference. That would have been quite something. As it were, airport men's rooms are filthy places.