Thursday, February 4, 2010

Farewell SF, goodbye 33

To commemorate my birthday and this little cross-country move, I decided to designate yesterday evening as my farewell party. I told a bunch of people that I'd be at Blackbird for happy hour and hoped that people would show up.

Fortunately for me, a lot of my friends came to wish me well and I had the chance to see a lot of great people one last time before I move away. There was my usual posse, friends from undergrad, a couple of cousins, friends from childhood and high school, some business school chums, a few colleagues from my most recent employer, a group from the employer before that and even one from the company I worked for in DC! All facets of my life were represented in one little bar, and it was kind of surreal to see all the groups of people mingling.

And as reluctant as I was to do anything for my birthday, I'm glad I did. It was good to feel loved and I'm really going to miss so many people. After all, eight years is not a short amount of time living in a city...

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

That sounds like fun, Panda -- I'm sorry I wasn't able to come! I am really going to miss you.

room8J said...

Miss you already!!