Saturday, February 6, 2010

One-way ticket

So, I flew to Boston this morning on a one-way ticket from San Francisco. It was much sadder and more surreal than I expected it to be, and I can't fully admit that I am no longer a San Francisco resident.

Going through security was a hassle because my bags were over the weight limit (Hello! I'm moving cross-country! What do you expect?) and I had to pay a ridiculously high fee. Also, I had a Nalgene bottle full of pens that TSA seemed very concerned about for several minutes but ultimately let me go through.

The flight, thankfully, was uneventful and I made it to Boston on time, even though the Mid-Atlantic region is experiencing the blizzard of the century. I find myself now at Reebs's house, where I'm spending the night. We had a lovely dinner in her neighborhood (hopefully, soon to be my neighborhood) and I've learned how to wear a scarf, hat and mittens again. Oy. Fortunately, I think we've consumed a few bottles of wine since my arrival a few hours ago!

No comments: