Monday, February 8, 2010

Suburbia

Well, I'm officially in the 'burbs. After my first (exhausting) day of work today, I drove "home" and unpacked my bags. I'm staying in corporate housing, which is in a pre-fab new development. It's perfectly nice and serviceable, but devoid of character.

I then spent an hour and $200 at the super huge grocery store, which was pretty empty - surprising to me, for whom the supermarket was always an exercise in maneuvering the crowds and fighting for parking. Especially on a Monday evening!

Because the housing is furnished only with the "daily necessities," I had to buy things like dish soap. And soap soap.

So, I've settled in and started watching television, which is irritating me because the cable doesn't come with a DVR. I have to watch television live! And sit through the commercials! I feel confined to my couch.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

UNACCEPTABLE! TV in real time? I hope you brought some books, young Panda.