Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baby I got your money


One of the things I hate about The Corporation is that our information systems seem to be stuck in the year 1998. I'm surprised I don't access e-mail from Telnet and "finger" other users on the system. Remember that? It's a miracle if my computer turns on in under 10 minutes and I sometimes wonder if I'll need to find a store of floppy disks to get my work done.

In my mind, one of the most frustrating and archaic systems is the "iExpense" system by Oracle. Any time I spend money on behalf of The Corporation - whether it's through the company card or cash - I have to reconcile the expense in this godawful system.

It is the least intuitive system ever and I feel like I have to re-learn how it works every single time I enter my expenses. Doing my expenses takes anywhere from an hour to a day, depending on whether or not I have foreign currency charges and how many expenses I have to enter. Moreover, I understand this is an improvement over the last system!

It's only because Panda!!!! wants to be reimbursed for his expenditures that he puts up with the madness!

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Yeah, and have you tried "working remotely"? It's a real gas. They give you a piece-o-shit laptop, and you have to go through like eighteen layers of security (any one of which may and does disconnect on you for no reason every 17.5 seconds) to get to such sneak-thief targets as your goddamned Outlook calendar ... o, the hate. It burrrnnnnns!

Panda!!!! said...

Yes - or when you're traveling with a co-worker who is somehow able to access the O'Hare wifi network, yet your laptop doesn't recognize it so you have to stare at the floor while your co-worker e-mails.