Monday, September 10, 2007

You're a pal and a confidante


Yesterday I had the pleasure of brunching al fresco with Gloria Estefan at a lovely Italian restaurant near my hometown. I indulged in a delicious shrimp and avocado omelette and a champagne cocktail.

Along with Bullet Tosser, Gloria Estefan is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Plus, she is one of the speediest swimmers I have ever met (and I've met my fair share of speedy swimmers).

I love that I have friends with whom I can share everything that's going on in my life after months have passed - and we pick up right where we left off. We can vent about work, discuss future aspirations, gossip about mutual acquaintances and discuss important topics like The Hills.

And maybe most importantly, Gloria Estefan can inadvertently guilt me into thinking about returning to the pool. Panda!!!! needs to start swimming those lbs. away!

No comments: