Monday, September 24, 2007

Crystal ball


Internets, I've peered into the future and have an inkling of what my life will be like in a few decades. You see, a bunch of us traveled through the pouring rain to Blanca's mom's house in California's central valley on Saturday for a weekend of revelry with Blanca's mom, sister and adorable nephew. We had the time of our lives, kicking back on the porch, fixing cocktails, reminiscing and preparing a delicious meal.

We were joined by two of Blanca's mother's friends - two wonderfully boisterous, fun and lovely ladies who seemed just as hell-bent on having a good time as we were. In the trio of ladies, I saw the future of our little gang. A never-ending stream of laughter, livers of steel, a penchant for marginally off-color jokes and an appreciation for a good time spent among friends and making the most of the moment.

And much like the occasions I spend with my friends, the time spent together by these three women were punctuated by shattered wine glasses, moments of unbalance caused by dangerously high, yet fierce heels, outrageous make-up and unintelligible "sentences."

If this is what my future holds, sign me up!

1 comment:

room8J said...

Roommate down!! It was that damn Mary Anne that threw me off balance!