Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Business baby


I'm currently at a conference, focused on corporate social responsibility, where a good 65 percent of the attendees appear to be over the age of 40. This strikes me as somewhat odd because everyone claims that CSR is an emerging business discipline and that there aren't many companies fully dedicating resources to hiring CSR professionals. If that's the case, where are all these seasoned businesspeople in the field coming from?

And it's such a rah-rah conference where everyone is excited about how the field is growing and that more and more companies are integrating CSR into their operations and that we're "trailblazers."

I feel like a wee bairn, compared to all these industry "veterans" yet I feel like I have just as much experience to offer. It's a weird feeling and I'm going to hang out with the youth.

No comments: