Sunday, September 9, 2007

Filthy gorgeous


After months and months, I finally took my car, Flora, for a car wash. I took her to one of those assembly-line deals that employs hundreds of people, furiously driving vehicles through machinery and toweling off each car with care and a bottle of generic windex.

I knew Flora was pretty dirty, since I do park on the streets of San Francisco and it had been quite a while since her last bath. But I guess I didn't realize just how dirty she was until this afternoon.

Per usual, they took Flora through the machine and passed her off to one of the towel ladies. Up on her stool, the little woman started to towel off my car, when she suddenly turned to the manager. They exchanged some words, then the manager hopped into my car and took it to another corner of the lot. The towel lady proceeded to hose down my car and to squirt soapy suds on it. Then, another man took the car through the car wash behemoth again.

I'd never seen them send a car through the machine twice before! Sorry Flora, please forgive me for your filthy state.

1 comment:

room8J said...

Yeah she was filthy! I was almost embarrassed to ride to Target with you! But then I realized there was a Sizzler in the parking lot and therefore embarrassment would be kind of unnecessary.