Sunday, September 9, 2007

Two hearts that beat as one


Yesterday I drove up to wine country to attend my friends' nuptials. I've known this particular couple for about nine years, when we all worked together in Washington DC and when they embarked on a clandestine workplace affair.

It was a lovely lesbian wedding, complete with a drunk bride who made a cute toast where she proclaimed, "I'm so happy" approximately seven times and later made elephant noises at everyone on the dance floor.

It was also a wedding where one of the bride's entire family shot out of their chairs to boogie down to "Baby Got Back," apparently some sort of "family song."

I had the chance to reconnect with some old friends from business school who were also in attendance. Obviously, we were that table - the loud table with the unruly guests. Why am I always associated with the same type of crowd, no matter the occasion?

The ceremony and reception were very beautiful and personal. I wish I had decided to make a weekend of it and stay with the rest of the gang, but Panda!!!! wanted to conserve cash and make it back to the big city.

No comments: