Saturday, May 24, 2008

10 years later

I drove from Boston to Connecticut yesterday, to attend my 10-year college reunion. The drive down from Boston was beautiful - hills covered in lush, green trees on either side of the road and a beautiful, sunny day. Driving down reminded me how beautiful New England is and one reason why I chose to leave California to attend college in the first place.

Upon arriving on campus, I felt a little lost. It's been five years since I last visited - new buildings have popped up and I feel considerably older. I also didn't know where any of my friends or classmates were so I wandered around by myself for a bit until I finally found a handful of my friends.

There weren't a whole lot of people from my class on campus yesterday, but it was a good crew. After an all-campus buffet dinner, we enjoyed a performance by alumni from one of the student imrpov comedy groups and we went to a party for alumni at one of the student society houses.

As some of my friends peeled off to attend a college house party, I decided it was time for me to return to my hotel room. I think this whole driving thing might seriously crimp my style so I will have to figure out a way around that tonight.

Today proves to be more fun and catching up. I'm speaking on an alumni panel about corporations and the third world, but I'm really more excited to see some friends, explore campus and to enjoy the beautiful Connecticut weather!

No comments: