Monday, May 5, 2008

Birthday brunchy

As part of Dyson's never-ending 30th birthday celebration, his family came to San Francisco for a little surprise brunch. I helped Dyson's sister organize the event and keep it secret for several weeks. All Dyson knew was that he was to reserve yesterday afternoon for me.

After nearly ruining the surprise with a last-minute trip to Mexico, Dyson was shocked to see his parents, sister, brother-in-law and three adorable nephews waiting with GarGar and Kitten at Foreign Cinema yesterday. I think, had he known whom to expect, he might have shaved for the occasion.

In any case, it was a delicious meal and so fun to spend time with Dyson's family. With those three cute kids, I totes understand why he high-tails it to visit so much!

The rest of Sunday was spent in the usual fashion - with Roommates A&J, Mahogany Sparkle, Mattress and a host of others. First visiting Beetle, then mingling at the busy bars, amongst the other homos.

At one particular venue, a fellow stopped me and said that he recognized me from elementary school. Elementary school! This is one small city, indeed.

Also at this venue were men selling jello shots. I may have purchased a few. I also may have sneaked a few off their trays while they were not looking. Bad panda!

No comments: