Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pretty woman

Contrary to what some believe, this panda is not a prostitute.

Yesterday, on my way home from work, a car pulled over and the driver asked me directions to Haight/Ashbury. So, I explained how he could arrive at his destination, then he asked whether he could give me a ride to wherever I was going. I declined politely and he responded, "Your body looks strong." I continued my walk home as he drove away.

It reminded me of a time when I was in college, studying abroad in Paris. I emerged from the metro station in an unfamiliar neighborhood to meet a friend for a night out. A gentleman pulled over and propositioned me! It was actually a fairly healthy sum of money, but I do have standards. Said standards may be really, really low, but they're there!

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

What were you doing studying a broad in Paris? I thought you liked dudes.