I've been struggling with connectivity to the internets (and The Corporation's email and network drives) all morning, so I called our IT helpdesk for some support.
Their helpful suggestions:
1. Please log off and log back on.
2. Please re-start the computer.
3. Opening a "ticket" so a technician will come to my location.
4. Said technician calls to ask if I use a desktop or laptop. I answer cheerfully.
5. Said technician explains that there may be a problem with my docking station and that if it continues I should call back.