Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama mia

I am a good son. To celebrate Mother's Day (and my mom's birthday) yesterday, I drove down to my parents' house in the suburbs to spend time with the madre. She'd said that she would be available to spend time together at 2:00, after her tennis match, so I showed up promptly at 2, laundry in hand.

Since she was nowhere to be found, I started running errands. I did my laundry, got my car washed, looked into getting a smog check (they couldn't do it on Sunday), went shopping for a new suit (it's wedding season!), went shopping for cleaning supplies and listened to a lot of Danity Kane.

Meanwhile, my father was passed out, snoring away (he's just returned form a three-week trip to Hong Kong) and my mother was apparently at work. When she finally returned, we were off to our dinner reservation near Lil' Bro Panda!!!!'s house. So, even though the moms said I should visit for the day, she was unavailable to hang out. No matter. I got stuff done!

We went to a little Italian restaurant that served delicious gnocchi and shortribs, but was a bit lacking in the service and attentiveness department. Overall, it was a lovely meal, but nothing spectacular. But moms said she had a good time, so I guess that's what counts. And the fact that I have clean sheets!

No comments: