Monday, October 19, 2009

Afternoon fuel

I've been to a lot of day-long meetings in my professional life, many of them taking place in windowless hotel meeting rooms where you're cooped up with other "professionals," trying to discuss topics of varying importance. Today was one of those days where my counterparts from different companies gathered to discuss some of our common challenges and work through none of them.

Common to almost all of these meetings is the post-lunch snack refresh, where nameless hotel workers come in, switch out the leftover croissants and muffins from the morning and bring in afternoon snack fare with coffee and sodas. Usually, you get some cookies and/or fruit, but today's selection was pretty gourmet! There were fancy caramel apples, a selection of candies and fruits and cake bits with chocolate fondue!

I opted for a caramel apple, which was quite satisfying. It pleased me.

No comments: