Saturday, October 31, 2009

This is Halloween

Nightmare Before Christmas is showing in 3D at the Castro Theatre, so Puppy and I caught a showing last night. I don't think I'd seen it in nearly a decade, so it was interesting to compare the movie to what I remembered.

Firstly, the movie did itself a disservice by showing 3D previews of other movies, including Alice in Wonderland, which I'm really excited about. The technology they used to 3D-ify Nightmare didn't compare to the new-fangled effects of movies to come.

Secondly, I don't remember all the singing! I knew there were songs, but there were many more than I remembered.

Thirdly, this man in front of us kept exposing his buttocks whenever he stood up because his sweatpants (Sweatpants! In public!) kept sliding off whenever he sat up. And he seemed to sit up a great deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched it this weekend too!! That was the first movie you ever took me to, remember?