Friday, October 23, 2009

It may be sexual, but it's no longer harassment

Since so many folks are in town for the BSR Conference this week, some former colleagues and I planned a little dinner last night. I headed out with three people with whom I worked for a few years and we enjoyed a bawdy meal at a downtown restaurant (where I enjoyed some bacon-wrapped trout!).

Conversation started out as expected, focusing on our new jobs since leaving the company, our non-workplace lives and the week's meetings. But then, things started sliding downhill once one of my fellow diners couldn't stop talking about the wooden rooster - the cock - that sat perched on a nearby ledge.

After that, it was all over and every comment was a double entendre. Good gossip flowed, discussions of inappropriate e-mails and workplace hook-ups dominated the rest of our dinner. It's a good thing we no longer work with (or for) each other because there might have been some legal issues otherwise!

No comments: