Friday, October 23, 2009

Goodwill grooves

The other night, I attended a party celebrating a new partnership between Levi's and Goodwill, where instructions on care labels will encourage consumers to recycle clothing once they're done. It's a clever idea and worthy of celebration, but people at the party didn't really seem to care about the cause.

Instead, we drank some free wine and beer, munched on hors d'oeuvres, chatted with old friends and some people took advantage of the 30% discount at the store that night. Some of the folks there had clearly been drinking before the party - particularly a notable figure in the human rights space who stood about two inches from me while he breathed his fiery alcohol breath into my face.

Since BoomKat helped to plan the event, it was great to just hang out with her and catch up. Some Levi's execs tried to encourage me to buy things, but I let them know that I already have too much clothing.

No comments: