Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sweatin' to the oldies

For the past several months, I feel like I've been slipping away from the local nightlife scene and I rarely make it out to the bars, especially on a weekday night. Sadly, this behavior isn't having a positive impact on my ever-expanding waistline, but that's neither here nor there.

Last night, I met Roommate A for a drink at Juanita MORE's Booty Call party and experienced the following:

* I felt so old in a sea of twenty-somethings who danced frenetically and annoyingly in the bar.
* I just wanted to sip my kir royale in the corner, where I wouldn't be bumped into.
* My coat and fancy orange tie (Juanita requested formal attire!) caused me to sweat non-stop.
* It just didn't feel like my scene anymore since I knew very few people out and about.
* I left at the early hour of 11pm.

I should probably just stop fighting it and accept that I am an old panda, but something inside me clings to this life I used to lead.

No comments: