Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My morning walk

On Saturday, after I woke up, worked out and ate breakfast, I had an unspecified amount of time to kill before I met up with TurboBoob and her new baby. She was doing a yoga class and her timing was dependent upon what time the baby would wake up for her nap.

So, I decided I'd be very anti-Los Angeles and do the unthinkable: walk! My hotel was in Westwood and TurboBoob lives in West Hollywood, so I figured it would take me about an hour to mosey along.

On my way, I made a few stops: a Starbucks in Beverly Hills where three very tall, very skinny women waited in line after me. Clearly, they were models because they each had their hair pulled back in a tight bun and each had ferocious makeup on ... at 11:00am!

I also made a pit-stop in a very fancy Pavilions grocery store, where I had the great fortune of finding a public restroom.

But I didn't quite expect to walk through Beverly Gardens Park, a long strip of greenery that runs alongside Santa Monica Boulevard. It was really pleasant and I think I passed all of six people during the nearly two-mile stretch. And interestingly, the fountain where Cher realizes she loves her step-brother Josh in Clueless is situated within the park.

The google maps pedometer tells me that I walked 5.3851 miles from my hotel to the point where I got pinkberry with TurboBoob. And over seven miles when you count my return trip to meet up with Roommates A&J, Mahogany Sparkle and Lucy Ricardo at the bar.

I like to think this was a healthy, if unorthodox, way to get around LA, but I'm sure it was all completely undone with that ginormous margarita I sucked down. The one that was probably made of four cups of Fanta and ten shots of tequila.

No comments: