Friday, March 12, 2010

Fruitopia

The other day, Cousin Lotus and I were doing the gchat thing while I was doing a bit of work in my hotel. What she was doing up at nearly 3am her local time is beyond me, but I explained to her that I had a large, lovely bowl of fruit in my room.

It was filled with beautiful fruits including an orange, peach, plum, banana, mango, etc. In it was also three fruits I couldn't identify, so Cousin Lotus asked me to describe them.

The most easily described one was a round pink thing with green tentacles growing out of it: a dragon fruit.

I described the second one as a big maroon nose, which we eventually decided is a "wax apple" or something like that.

Finally, the third one - a pale yellow thing that looked like a large mango to me - was a papaya. It looks more like one today, now that it's become riper and deeper in color.

I've really been enjoying the fruits and have had three of the best mangoes in my life!

No comments: