Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's your damage, Heather?

I just had one of those "I am SO OLD" moments. A student at my grad school alma mater was interviewing me for a project and asked me what my favorite movie was. The first movie that came to mind was Heathers, so I revealed this little bit about myself.

"How do you spell that?" she asked.

"Heathers? H-E-A-T-H-E-R-S. Have you never seen it?"

"No," she responded, ignorantly, "Who's in it?"

"Um, Winona Ryder, Shannen Doherty, Christian Slater ... Have you really never heard of it? It's from the eighties."

"The eighties? I'm a child of the eighties. The late eighties. I don't go backward in time!"

Kids these days...

4 comments:

Gleemonex said...

PAIN. This post caused me actual PAIN.

Panda!!!! said...

Just imagine how I felt, LIVING through this horror of conversations!

Unknown said...

On another note - Heathers is your favorite movie?

Uncle Spike said...

ORRGH. Said child of the eighties (I can barely type that without convulsing) needs edjumicatin' STAT.