Monday, March 15, 2010

I am so full

This morning I sat down to the final breakfast buffet of my trip and basically forced myself to eat the good foods, even though I wasn't hungry at all. Last night my cousins and I went to an "Italian steak house" where four of us polished off a huge porterhouse, some spaghetti carbonara, really tasty creamed spinach, grilled mushrooms and mashed potatoes, and a bottle of malbec.

It was a nice way to cap off my visit and we chatted about some of the intricacies of Hong Kong speech patterns, our families, work, etc. But seriously, we probably didn't need to eat as much as we did, and furthermore, Cousin Steppynose brought some homemade cookies.

Hong Kong has been fun, busy and interesting, but it's been murder on my waistline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How does it compare to jogging to Friendly's in college?