Monday, March 8, 2010

Table for one, tempura for twenty-two

You guys, I cannot resist a good hotel buffet! I had two feedings today: a breakfast buffet in the morning and a dinner buffet at night.

In the past, when I've stayed at hotels where the breakfast buffet is included in the room fee, I've indulged in the morning, skipped dinner and had a sensible(ish) dinner. And that was my plan today, so I gorged myself in the morning, took the noontime meal off and went downstairs to have a nice dinner off the menu.

But that all changed when I saw the buffet: lobster tails, sushi, Peking duck, shark's fin soup, Indian-type curries, some dim sum and ... tempura! Internets, I enjoy my tempura. After all, it's way deep fried stuff.

So, the menu was promptly abandoned and I proceeded to stuff myself for the second time today. I am so full.

No comments: