Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Forbidden fruits

After a few happy hour drinks with Roommates A&J, Puppy and I were walking by a little corner store when I noticed a skinny girl spitting up on the street. She kept forcefully spitting out the offending materials, which to me appeared to be blood, thanks to the deep, dark red color of her saliva.

But I quickly realized she wasn't spitting up blood. Instead, she was spitting fruit from the corner store onto the sidewalk! We stopped to watch for a bit and saw her grab a piece of fruit, take a bite, and hurl the fruit onto the ground. She picked up another piece of fruit, took a bite, and returned it to its place. She kept doing this for a minute or so until she became bored with the activity and walked along. I know one corner store from which I do not intend to purchase produce.

1 comment:

The Paralegal said...

you remember that banana dish i made you on sunday evening? well, guess where i bought the bananas.