Monday, December 15, 2008

Horticulturalist

Yesterday, despite the crappy weather, I enlisted Dyson to help me pick out some plants for my new home. I've never been very good at keeping things alive, but I thought that I would use this as an opportunity for a fresh start and try to liven up my living quarters with some greenery!

Dyson led me to his former employer (which sadly pink-slipped him last weekend), an up-scale San Francisco nursery where I was immediately overwhelmed by the flora that surrounded me. Who knew plants were so expensive?! We walked around while Dyson explained to me the different types that would hold up indoors, the ones that would require little attention or water and showed me all the overpriced accessories.

It was fun having Dyson as my guide since he took me through to the nooks and crannies of the shop and I got to use his employee discount, which is honored through the end of the year. In the end, I picked up three plants, some nifty planters and a few cool vases. Now all I have to do is keep the darn things alive!

No comments: