Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday party weekend

I had a surprisingly mellow weekend, considering that this seemed to be the weekend for holiday parties. After the Law-Mart party on Friday, I was fortunate enough to have four parties scheduled for Saturday night. For my own sanity, I planned on attending three of them, in a very strategic order.

It seemed that many others were in a similar conundrum, since at each stop, people clearly were making appearances and moving on to other celebrations. Ultimately, I made it to two different parties and arrived at the building for the third, which happened to be my own apartment building. Pooped from the long day and the two other parties, I decided to forgo the third party in order to watch Saturday Night Live, during which I fell asleep on the couch.

Clearly, this is one of many signs that I've entered middle age. I can't hit all the holiday festivities like I used to and I can't even stay up through SNL!

No comments: