Monday, December 22, 2008

Great Scot

Every day at around 4:00pm for the past month or so, my poor ears have been assaulted by the cacophonous sound of bagpipes. The first time I heard the noise, I didn't understand what was happening. Surely, it was someone's horrid cell phone ring because the sound of actual bagpipes couldn't possibly travel up 32 floors and through my office window!

But my fears were confirmed when I went to get coffee one day and saw the perpetrator, dressed in a kilt, squeezing unholy sounds out of a plaid bladder and expecting that passers-by would actually put money in the case at his feet! This fellow has decided to take root at the BART stop at the base of my office building every afternoon, hoping that people will pay him money for making these ungodly sounds.

And now it's just past 4:00pm, so yes, my ears! They bleed!

No comments: