Friday, December 5, 2008

Gossip girls

After a work event last night, I called up VALedictorian to see if she was free for a little dinner. Fortunately, she was still in the office when I called so we were able to grab a little Thai food.

We were awkwardly seated at a table for five, placed at one end of the table next to a man who appeared to be sitting with two ladies, but in such a way that he was much closer to us than to them. And the table appeared to be completely disconnected from each other. They weren't chatting, just silently eating their meals.

Fortunately for the fellow, VALedictorian and I discussed all our shows (Housewives, Hills, etc.) and I think we kept him either thoroughly entertained or disgusted. And if I'd eavesdropped on our own conversation, I would have wondered whether or not we did anything except watch terrible shows on television.

While I know that we both possess more substance than we let on last night, sometimes it's refreshing to take a break from our regular jobs where we think about global climate change or improving the country's educational system and ponder how long Heidi and Spencer will stay married.

No comments: