Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pack it up, pack it in

The worst part about moving someplace new is packing all the old stuff. I spent last night trying to stuff my life into cardboard boxes of varying sizes. My hands are chapped and cracked, I punctured my palm with a box cutter and my apartment is a mess!

At least this process is forcing me to purge (a little). I'm a pack-rat by nature and I found myself tossing old business school notes and exams from 2002! If I haven't used them as reference by now, I figure I won't ever need them in the future.

The same can't be said, however, about my clothes. I've been packing clothes up haphazardly without considering whether or not I'll really wear them again. Hopefully, moving into a new, space-constrained place will force that process during the unpacking phase.

No comments: