Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fourteeny tiny courses

Puppy and I checked out Michael Mina's newest restaurant, XIV last night for a delicious and exquisitely prepared meal. Forced to select an early reservation (I was told nothing was available after 6:45pm), we arrived to a nearly empty restaurant. The restaurant is quite beautifully decorated and I was particularly impressed by the water glasses, which were all different colors and reminded me of candy. Puppy felt they weren't high-class enough for the atmosphere.

We ordered 10 dishes, ranging from scallops to duck to idiazabal cheese to lemongrass custard. Each dish was very flavorful and quite nice. And despite the fact that each dish served approximately one bite, we were full by the 7th or 8th course.

It was a delicious dining experience and I was pleased to be at the place where Heidi Montag got fake-fired on The Hills.

No comments: