Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dinpromptu


Last night, returning from the gym, I was saddled by my overstuffed work bag and heavy gym bag since I won't be in the office for the rest of the week. It's been an unusually hot few days here in the City by the Bay so I was sort of ... sweaty. In fact, my shirt was soaked through where the multiple straps of my bags were digging into my flesh.

I was lumbering across the street like a pack mule when a shiny little silver number screeched to a halt at the intersection. The driver honked at me (Did you just honk at me?) and I looked over to find Blanca at the helm! Mattress was in the passenger seat and Beetle was in the back.

Thoroughly confused (Blanca doesn't have a car), I sort of kept walking, then realized I should engage in further conversation. Well, it turns out they were on their way to a little dinner, so I decided to join them instead of heading to my hovel for a solo meal.

It was a very fun impromptu meal and I had some delish pork chops. In fact, Blanca, Mattress and I all had the pork chops!

I love living in my little 'hood which enables these impromptu dinners.

No comments: