Thursday, October 25, 2007

Networking it


As mentioned in my last post, I'm attending the Business for Social Responsibility annual conference. Yesterday was a very draining day - Panda!!!! was exhausted by the time he returned home.

So far, the speakers have been good and the panels have been moderately informative. The value of conferences like these lies in the networking opportunities. But I don't think I'm a very good networker. Usually I end up speaking with people I already know and catching up on non-related lives. At other times, I am attacked by over-zealous networkers who are interested in The Corporation and I struggle to wiggle out of these conversations.

During those times I don't feel like being on, I tend to get on my phone or get coffee at the Starbucks across the street. Why is Panda!!!! so anti-social?

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Because Panda!!!! is not a tool.