Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Crappy commute

This morning, I waited at the muni station for 30 minutes, while the mob of angry and frustrated commuters grew with each passing second. During that half-hour, not a single train pulled into the station. I should have known something was wrong when I spotted two bright orange vest-wearing, flashlight-wielding muni workers poking around in the tunnel.

Since it was clear I would be late for my 9am call, I booked it home and took the call from my bedroom, instead. And after checking some e-mails, I returned to the muni station to finally make my way into the office.

Well, clearly, the kinks weren't yet worked out of the system because my train basically crawled through the tunnel, slowly making its way to my stop. And now I'm finally in the office, tending to important things like this blog.

No comments: