Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's cooking?

Since I moved into my new home, I've been trying all sorts of new recipes and learning my way around the kitchen. It's been great having a kitchen that I actually use and I've really been enjoying my meals. These dinner parties have also been a great way to catch up with friends and I feel less obligated to have a messy housewarming party where my home gets ransacked.

Keeping with this theme, I left work early yesterday and made a tasty herb-crusted pork loin accompanied by a cauliflower gratin. Beetle, Mattress, Blanca and Puppy came over and helped me polish off the food, including a carrot cake which I picked up the night before for zero dollars! (The lady at the store decided to just give it to me for free.)

Six bottles of wine, one laser pointer and one fluffy ball on a stick later, Stefano DiMera was tired out and we were off to sleepytime.

No comments: