Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not the hard sell

I attended yet another vendor-hosted meeting on environmental sustainability today. Unlike the one I attended a few weeks ago, I wasn't overwhelmed by representatives of the host company and I got to catch up with a few friends from other companies.

Boringly, one of the presentations was exactly the same as the last one. The best part of today's session was that it was held at the California Academy of Sciences building, a facility I've wanted to explore since it opened last fall. Unfortunately, we were stuck in one room the entire time and I had to leave right after for another meeting. But I did walk away with tickets so that I can explore in the near future.

Otherwise, it was a nice excuse to spend time outside of the office, but I didn't learn a whole lot. And after all was said and done, I had to spend only 15 minutes with an account rep.

No comments: