Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finding religion

My co-worker recently returned from her honeymoon and I've noticed that she has taken to blessing people in the workplace.

For example, I overheard a conversation she had with the company that manages our corporate credit cards. When the representative was able to successfully resolve her issue, she declared, "God bless you and people like you!"

And earlier this week, when I helped her out on a small issue, she exclaimed, "God bless you!"

I'm not sure what caused this sudden religious fervor. Before her wedding, she spent much time complaining about the Catholic church and its restrictions which were keeping her from the wedding of her dreams. Now, she seems touched by God and eager to share her love of God with anyone who crosses her path.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Ugh. That shit is so intrusive, and the religious person either doesn't know that (who wouldn't want to be blessed???) or doesn't care (they need to be blessed, and by Christ, I'm just the one to do it).