Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Top birthday

Saturday night marked the return of Big Top to the city, so trannies all over SF were a-twitter. It also happened to be Mattress's backyard birthday bash, so I tried my best to pace myself.

The birthday party was perfectly lovely, featuring stiff drinks and filipino foods. By the time Puppy and I arrived, the stiff drinks were free-flowing, but the food had all been gobbled up. So, we broke away and stuffed our faces with BBQ.

Puppy, not feeling great and never one for Big Top to begin with, left to play with the kitties, but I wandered over to Roommate A&J's home for a little Big Top pre-party with the roommates, Mahogany Sparkle and Lezzies N&P.

Glitter and eyeliner were applied, Roommate A and I made Mahogany Sparkle a very weak drink, and we were off!

As expected, Big Top was super crowded, hot and kind of annoying. Miss Tammie Brown from RuPaul's Drag Race performed a song about a potato, accompanied by a dance she tried to unsuccessfully teach me at Mattress's party earlier. I lost all my friends, got kind of bored and called it a night.

Arriving home at 1am, I'm not sure if I was successful in pacing myself, but it sure was a fun Saturday night!