Saturday, August 15, 2009

Straight night with sasquatch

Even though I've lived in and around San Francisco for most of my life, there are many neighborhoods that feel foreign to me, mostly because I'm a creature of habit. Last night I went out with some grad school friends to the Nob Hill/Russian Hill area of town, which required me to leave the confines of the Castro.

After catching up over a fun dinner at a Mexican restaurant, we ended up at a bar with a sasquatch theme, complete with a "life-sized" replica of Bigfoot himself. It was kind of a weird theme to embrace, but everyone in the bar seemed to enjoy it (or at least the drinks). I'm not sure I'd ever choose to make that particular bar my nighttime destination again, but I feel proud that I got out of my comfort zone and entered a Britney/Beyonce/Madonna-free environment.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Sasquatch: His love is real.

--Tenacious D