Friday, August 21, 2009

Eagerly expecting

First, Celine Dion announces that she's pregnant with her second child. A child that is due in approximately nine months. That's the entire gestation period! What happened to waiting until after the first trimester before announcing the blessed event?

And yesterday, my co-worker started planning around her maternity leave. And she's due in April. Eight months away!

I mean, I guess I'm excited for them, but shouldn't we exercise a bit more caution with these announcements?

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

I didn't out myself at work until 22 weeks. Now, that's extreme, but I wanted to wait till the "restructuring" craze had passed (it's illegal to discriminate against people just for being pregnant, but that ain't sayin' it never happens). Most people wait until 12-13 weeks, when the greatest danger of miscarriage has passed. It seems especially dopey for Celine to be blabbing it all over the planet, cause she's old, and the older you are, the more likely you are to encounter problems. WhatEVER, drama queen.