Sunday, August 16, 2009

Candyland nuptials

Last night, I went as Puppy's guest to a wedding in the Presidio. We weren't invited until very recently, but we managed to make time to attend the event.

It was a lovely wedding, with a Jesus-filled ceremony and a "bridesman" and a "groomsmaid" in the party. The reception was a lively affair and featured a bar with beautiful glass jars of different candies. There were jelly beans, gumdrops, gummi bears and smarties, all available for guests to scoop into cute little red boxes. There was also a kids' table with games, cameras, coloring materials and kid-friendly meals, which kept all the little ones occupied.

Our "waitress," however, left a lot to be desired. She was a confused older lady who had to circle our table at least four times to understand which entree options we'd each chosen. Even though they were clearly marked on our table cards, she couldn't understand our meal orders, so I was pleasantly surprised when my beef actually showed up in front of me.

But, really, who am I to complain? It was a fun Saturday night and I returned home with a fistful of smarties!

No comments: