Monday, August 31, 2009

Olfactory assault

There's a shared kitchen area on each floor of our office building, equipped with a refrigerator, sink, water cooler, microwave and waste bins. As I turned the corner to toss my coffee cup this morning, a horrible, horrible smell nearly knocked me out.

It smelled like rotten cat food, and I nearly gagged as I threw away my cup. Peering into the trash, I noticed an empty little blue tin. One that formerly contained Vienna Sausages. That is, until someone on my floor emptied it out, nuked its contents and subjected the rest of us to his/her idea of "breakfast."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meow! i love these & will remain anonymous.

Panda!!!! said...

Well, I may sort of, kind of enjoy them too, but I'm not going to make the entire shared kitchen reek!